Mini Sew-A-Long pencil-case from Il blog di Marta

• Serger Pepper- mini Sew-A-Long pencil-case

SergerPeper.blogspot.it - mini Stitch-A-Long pencil case

Among my various sewing projects of the last few days (because I never start only one, always two or three or even more) there is this cute pencil-case that I sewed through the mini Stich-A-Long from Il blog di Marta (which do not exists anymore…), which makes available to anyone who requests them the pattern and the PDF tutorial, then publishes on her blog and on FB pics of everyone’s pencil-case.

It’s a really nice idea that I want to share with you!

Serger Pepper- mini Sew-A-Long pencil-case
So here’s my pencil-case, sewn on a purple jeans pinstripe fabric on the outside and an old duvet cover inside.
With the same purple fabric I’ve also made a pincushion wrist, very practical, and a sewing machine cover , I’ll also sew soon an overlock cover and maybe a tailor ham (which in Italian is…  Tailor’s prosciutto?) which I have not yet and I really need.
Serger Pepper- mini Sew-A-Long pencil-case
What do you think about it? Let me know, I love your comments <3

EDIT: Marta’s blog is no more online. She was so awesome to send me her pattern and instructions and she gave permission to share them with you… they’re in italian, but full of pics, so easily understandable!
Please ask me if you’d like to receive them in your email box!
Consider joining us on our Monday’s newsletter… you’ll receive the following EXCLUSIVE PDF patterns (add NOW your email in the box below the images!):

Hi there! I love sewing, creating my own patterns and refashioning pre-loved clothes… If you love the same things, why not be friends? See you on Pinterest http://Pinterest.com/MammaNene

1. Elisa masi February 19, 2013 at 22:42 - Reply

Molto molto carino questo astuccio , l’hai cucito molto bene!

pausacioccolata fashion&cosmetics blog
    make your clothing blog

2. MammaNene February 19, 2013 at 22:46 - Reply

Grazie Elisa, sono felice ti piaccia il risultato delle mie “fatiche”!
    Merito però soprattutto del modello e delle istruzioni di Marta!!

3. Carmen V February 20, 2013 at 22:16 - Reply

Ciao Irene,
    Conbinazione anch’io oggi ho fatto un astuccio, a breve lo posterò.
    Mi piacciono molto anche i pigiamini riciclosi, avevo pensato anch’io ad un idea del genere per me, ma ancora non ho fatto niente……
    A presto!
    Carmen

• MammaNene February 21, 2013 at 08:37 - Reply

Ciao Carmen!
      Sono felice che ti piaccia il mio astuccio 🙂
      I pigiamini, invece, nascono dalla necessità… avevamo finito i pigiamini delLaPatata (erano tutti troppo corti, ormai) e avevo questi vecchi pigiami un po’ logori… così ho fatto 2+2 et voilà!!
      Dai buttati, che ci vuol davvero poco ed il risultato è appagante….
      Un abbraccio,

4. Jill February 21, 2013 at 03:06 - Reply

Beautiful pencil case – such pretty fabrics!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success

• MammaNene February 21, 2013 at 08:39 - Reply

Thank you Jill, I love to imagine a new life for old fabrics…
      I think nobody would say it’s a thrift project, if I don’t say it first 🙂
      and… I’ve loved your party, tx for hosting it!
      I’ll be there next week too, for sure.
      C U soon

5. monilore February 21, 2013 at 20:09 - Reply

ciao ti ho visto su kreattiva e mi sono unita al tuo blog davvero molto carino!se ti va passi dal mio blog e ti unisci? grazie http://iprofumidellamiacasa.blogspot.it/

• MammaNene February 21, 2013 at 20:45 - Reply

Sono passata anch’io da te a seguirti!
      Grazie e ciao…

6. mail4rosey February 21, 2013 at 20:13 - Reply

It’s cute and I look forward to seeing your sewing machine cover!

I’m visiting today from Thumping Thursdays and I’m your latest follower. 🙂

• MammaNene February 21, 2013 at 20:47 - Reply

Thank you!
      I’m following you too 🙂
      and will start writing my sewing machine cover how to soon!!!
      XOX

7. Ana Lopes February 21, 2013 at 22:05 - Reply

LOvely pencil case! Love the fabrics too!Thanks so much for sharing. Would love to have you visit me sometime.
    Have a fabulous day!
    Hugs from Portugal,

Ana Love Craft

• MammaNene February 22, 2013 at 09:29 - Reply

Thank you Ana for visiting me!
      I’m happy that you liked my pencil case…
      Ive been to your blog: you’ve made a lot of crafty things… I love it, so I’m following you on GFC!
      Tx for coming,
      C U soon

8. Erica February 21, 2013 at 22:43 - Reply

Thanks for stopping by We Three Crabs! I invite you to come back on Tuesday and link up any of your sewing projects or anything that can be pinned to Pinterest as I host a linky called “Pinterest Tuesday”. I look forward to reading more of your sewing adventures!
    thanks for translating to English!

Erica
    We Three Crabs

• MammaNene February 22, 2013 at 11:45 - Reply

thanks for inviting to your party, I’ll be knocking on your door next tuesday too, you bet!
      I love to pin (and be pinned, too) anything… so I’m following you there!!!

I used to speak/write english much better than now, but I like doing it so I’m going to translate, and translate and translate, making practice should help me, don’t you think?
      C U soon,

9. Teresa Kindred February 22, 2013 at 00:04 - Reply

Wow, you really are crafty! I’m not but my friend Tiffany is and she usually posts a craft on my site on Fridays. Please come over and join my hop, Thursday Thoughts. Would love to have you!

• MammaNene February 24, 2013 at 08:24 - Reply

Hi Teresa, sorry for the delay in my answer.. I’ve been to your blog and I’m a new follower AND participate to your great blog hop, thanks for hosting it and inviting me 🙂
      It’s always a pleasure found new bloggers!!
      C U soon,

10. tiffani goff February 22, 2013 at 02:14 - Reply

Hi, Found you on blogloving blog hop and am following you there. Would love it if you followed me bac, thanks so much.
    xoxo tiffani

11. Diana - FreeStyleMama February 22, 2013 at 17:26 - Reply

Very pretty! Thanks for sharing!!

• MammaNene February 22, 2013 at 18:09 - Reply

Thank you Diana!
      C U soon 🙂
      MammaNene from

SergerPepper.blogspot.it

12. Amy Redd February 22, 2013 at 21:15 - Reply

This is so cute!! Zippers scare me-I try to stay away from them! haha But I would love a little pouch like this! 🙂

• MammaNene February 22, 2013 at 21:41 - Reply

Hi Amy, I’m so happy to know that you liked my pencil case. This zipper was really easy-peasy to sew-on, no need to be scared 😉
      C U soon
      XOX

13. wilson tom February 23, 2013 at 08:43 - Reply

Hi I am a new follower to your lovely blog (Via GFC)and it really feel pleasure meeting new awesome bloggers like you. Found you through Fun Friday Blog Hop.

my blog: http://www.wilsontom.blogspot.com

• MammaNene February 24, 2013 at 08:21 - Reply

Hi Wilson, sorry for the delay in my answer.. I’ve been to your blog and following you 🙂
      It’s always a pleasure found new bloggers, I agree!!
      C U soon,

14. Jess February 24, 2013 at 00:53 - Reply

Super cute!! Maybe I should try sewing this! 🙂 Thanks for visiting my Blog Hop! 🙂

• MammaNene February 24, 2013 at 08:17 - Reply

Yes Jess, you should!!
      Thank you for hosting the Blog Hop, really nice place to meet new blogger..
      C U soon,

• clara February 24, 2013 at 21:46 - Reply

Questo potrebbe servire per conservare qualche regalino da dare agli invitati della festa o per metter i colori da utilizzare per disegnare dopo la merenda! Grazie per aver partecipato, la porta è sempre aperta e se hai qualche idea su come intrattenere i bambini con qualche gioco o qualche attività, ancora meglio!
      Ti aspetto!

• MammaNene February 25, 2013 at 09:01 - Reply

Già, io lo avevo immaginato come un regalino per i partecipanti…
      E’ così veloce da cucire che se ne possono preparare tanti in poco tempo!
      Alla prossima,

15. Rea T February 25, 2013 at 04:32 - Reply

that pencil case is nice, good job! thanks for stopping by at my blog- for blog hopping and for following me, i am following you back..

huggies♥
    rea

16. Designed Decor February 25, 2013 at 20:23 - Reply

You are very talented! Great job on the case! Thanks for linking to Talkin about Thursday, have a great week!

• MammaNene February 25, 2013 at 21:41 - Reply

Thank you DeDe!
      Have a fab week you too 🙂

17. Fluster Buster February 26, 2013 at 05:56 - Reply

Thanks for sharing at Fluster’s Creative Muster. I’m looking forward to seeing what you link up next week.

• MammaNene February 26, 2013 at 09:16 - Reply

I hope you’ll like my new project too
      C U Soon,

18. Francoise Bourgoin December 21, 2013 at 14:27 - Reply

how can I get the pdf pattern for this pencil case, it’s so nice

• Mamma Nene December 21, 2013 at 22:10 - Reply

I’ve asked Marta (the blogger who has drawn it) the permission to share it, I hope she’ll answer, she has no more FB page nor blog 🙁

• Francoise Bourgoin December 21, 2013 at 23:57 - Reply

Grazie mille

19. […] version I’ve sewn, is made with denim (blue and violet pinstriped, like on the pencil-case) and the dolman top knit. I’ve also changed the placement of the contrasting pleat, simply […]

20. […]  Pencil case FREE pattern from “Marta’s blog” […]

21. Shelly May 4, 2014 at 01:32 - Reply

This is a great idea. I never would have thought of using Jean material for that. I’ve lost 70 pounds how can I make adult clothes to fit me now? I’m on a very tight budget an can’t buy clothes like I use to. Can u help w> th some ideas? Thank You

• Mamma Nene May 5, 2014 at 22:48 - Reply

Shelly, thanks for commenting my post 🙂
      As you may have noticed, I love to refashion old clothes… So I think that you should try changing the shape to your old ones… just start with easy fixings like narrowing on sides, adding darts… you’ve got nothing to lose, trying, and a lot to earn!
      Lert me know if you try!