Pattern Testing: Straight Leg Pants + Gathered Top (So Sew Easy)

• Serger Pepper - Pattern testing - Gathered Top plus knit pants

Serger Pepper - Gathered Front Top and Straight Leg Pants - pattern testing

While I’m working on my new pattern’s launch, I’ve been so lucky to do some more pattern testing, this time for Deby (@ So Sew Easy and @ Moms Make Money – one of the busiest women I know!).

She recently started sewing but she’s an enfant prodige: she’s drawing new patterns like it’s raining, one next to the other! I tested her Slouchy Sweater before the release and now I’m here showing you two others patterns, designed from her: the Front Gathered Top (FREE pattern multisize) and her newest pattern for sale: Straight Leg Pants.

Here’s her description for the pants:

An easy to sew and versatile pattern. Great for beginners. Sew a comfy and relaxed pair of pants – dress them up or down depending on your fabric choices. Fitted and shaped around the body, hips, and thighs with a straight leg falling from the hips. Great for work or make them in some funky fabric for relaxing. For stretch knit fabrics only.

I’ve sewn these ones with a cotton-poly knit, 3% lycra content, in a violet shadow I had in my stash (while I’m hardly trying to move all my fabrics to my New Low Budget sewing room, I am stuck at this point, with so many fabrics in the old sewing room… and much more dresses to be refashioned… I really can’t figure out where to put everything!)

Serger Pepper - Gathered Front Top and Straight Leg Pants - pattern testing

But we were talking about Deby’s patterns!

Straight Leg Pants Pattern

These pants are perfect for lounge time, with an umbrella in your drink in a hand and a good book in the other… but I can see them spiced up using a fancy (maybe sequin-ed?) fabric for an informal evening party… what do you think?

Serger Pepper - Gathered Front Top and Straight Leg Pants - pattern testing

They’re the most comfy trousers in the world: elastic on waistband, large legs, soft hugging knit… I can’t think about wearing nothing better, in my relax time!

Serger Pepper - Gathered Front Top and Straight Leg Pants - pattern testing

And, maybe  certainly these two fabrics are at odds, worn together, but I feel like the Front Gathered Top plus these Straight Leg Pants makes the perfect uniform for a yoga (or gym) session…

Serger Pepper - Gathered Front Top and Straight Leg Pants - pattern testing

Gathered Front Top

This Top features princess seams, partially gathered on one side and a not too deep rounded neckline (so you don’t have to worry about showing too much!)

Serger Pepper - Gathered Front Top and Straight Leg Pants - pattern testing

As usual, Deby made some really clear video tutorial: I’d suggest you to follow her YouTube channel….

Serger Pepper - Gathered Front Top and Straight Leg Pants - pattern testing

Serger Pepper - Gathered Front Top and Straight Leg Pants - pattern testing

That’s all for today! If you like FREE patterns, I’d suggest you to put your email in this box, I have two sewing patterns I share exclusively with my monday’s newsletter readers (The Eriqua Dress and The Mary Skirt) PLUS: you could suggest me what draw next… maybe a woman pattern? Let me know in comments!

It’s easy and fast… plus it’s FREE!

* indicates required

[/fusion_builder_column][/fusion_builder_row][/fusion_builder_container]

1. Deby Coles January 17, 2014 at 14:03 - Reply

Thanks for helping me out with the pattern testing Irene, and I wish I had your fabric stash – very brave of your to share your obsession with us! You look like a super model in these photos! Deby

• Mamma Nene January 17, 2014 at 14:54 - Reply

It’s been a pleasure, for me, testing (and modelling too – SO much fun!) your pants pattern 🙂
      My stash… well… there’s a hidden part I’m not showing in the photo: one more room full of piles and piles of scraps and “to-be-refashioned” clothes (and parts of…) : nothing to be proud of, believe me 🙂

2. cucicucicoo January 17, 2014 at 17:05 - Reply

I saw Deby’s gathered top on her blog and love it! I just haven’t had any time to test it… or your sheer top for that matter, though I WILL!!! (one day…) un abbraccio! Lisa

• Mamma Nene January 18, 2014 at 11:50 - Reply

I hope things are getting better – you know what I mean… <3
      Don’t worry about testings, there will always be some new one to do!

3. hannah smith January 19, 2014 at 03:43 - Reply

Oooh a womens pattern please. I am really into trying out indie patterns right now. Aren’t Deby’s patterns great. My favourite is the summer drape top from a few montgs back x

• Mamma Nene January 19, 2014 at 08:41 - Reply

Yes, I love Deby’s patterns!
      I am in her lovely group of pattern testers, she’s a volcano, so many ideas 🙂

4. Agatha Lee (Aka Agy) January 19, 2014 at 15:14 - Reply

You’re rocking those pants! They look great on you!

• Mamma Nene January 19, 2014 at 20:34 - Reply

Thanks Agy… I love them!
      Sadly, they have to be washed, from time to time.. If it wasn’t for that I could wear them every single day, when I’m relaxing at home 🙂

5. Natasha January 19, 2014 at 18:28 - Reply

Thank you so much for joining us at January’s Share the Love Blog Hop

And don’t forget, if you want to be reminded when our next hop goes live, sign up to receive the email reminder on the above link

Natasha @ Serenity You

• Mamma Nene January 19, 2014 at 20:30 - Reply

Thank you Natasha for taking the time to visit my blog!
      I have you on my feedly, so I know when you go live 😉
      Anyway, thanks for your suggestion!

6. Magda E. January 22, 2014 at 20:44 - Reply

you look so pretty with your hair down!!! =D

• Mamma Nene January 22, 2014 at 21:37 - Reply

thanks Magda! I often leave them free in my day life… I love wild hair look 😉

7. Emily Thompson January 23, 2014 at 13:29 - Reply

wow, you look like you had fun with these photos ;o) The pants look so comfy!!! Emily

• Mamma Nene January 23, 2014 at 14:02 - Reply

Yes, I had fun… but consider that I chose them between 400 goofy style other pics LOL
      PS: these pants are perfect for lounging 😉

8. ChiChi January 23, 2014 at 20:07 - Reply

I could live in those pants. They look so comfy and look so great on you!

• Mamma Nene January 25, 2014 at 00:59 - Reply

hi ChiChi, how are you?
      I agree with you: those pants are the comfiest garment I’ve ever worn