Serger Stitches Cheat Sheet, put Your patterns on Craftsy and some lessons I have learned

• Serger Pepper - Serger Stitches Cheat Sheet - sell on Craftsy plus some lessons I've learnt

As you might have noticed, I gave up my April Challenge… After Sunday I didn’t publish a single word!

I’m living this situation half and half…

On one side I feel it’s a failure, but I’m not that bad about this adventure:

I’ve learned that blogging is something I truly LOVE doing (or I couldn’t write every day for 20 days).

I’ve learned that I can say stop whenever I want (also if it’s something I really find hard).

I’ve learned that, sometimes, put together a 250 pieces puzzle with my 5 years old daughter is the only thing I REALLY want to do (instead of writing 1000 words about anything else).

I’ve learned that my daily visitor’s number is exactly the same either if I post everyday or not, but it really grows if I spend time on Pinterest… and being addicted to it, this is like manna to me!

I’ve learned that, sometimes, it’s ok to give up! Especially if you’re using the time you save for crafting a Cheat Sheet for any Serger Stitch, with all the settings and a lot of pics… let me know if you like it!

Confession: I’ve created it because there wasn’t anything like this, online, and I needed a little boost for using them… and it’s working!

***This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the links,

I’ll receive a small percentage of your purchase

at no additional costs for you, helping me to create more free content for you!***

One last thing I’d like to add:

I’ve received an email from my affiliate Craftsy, and I’m more than happy to share their notes here, because they explain really well how you can start a Craftsy store, like mine! I really love this platform because they don’t ask me a dime for selling patterns on it (unlike other platforms we all know).

Here it is:

How to Add & Sell a Pattern on Craftsy
(This post contains affiliate links, which means I will be compensated if you purchase after clicking these links.)

In addition to wonderful online courses and craft supplies, Craftsy also has an independent online pattern store that lets anyone upload and sell downloadable e-patterns with no fee!

How do you add a pattern to Craftsy and start your pattern store? It’s easy!

1. Make sure you have a Paypal account. All pattern transactions happen through Paypal, and Craftsy requires that you have a Student, Premier, or Business account in order to sell patterns.
2. Put your pattern in .pdf format. You can’t upload any patterns to the online pattern store unless they’re a .pdf file format, so if they’re currently saved as a Word doc, .jpg, or other file formats, you must convert it to a .pdf before you upload it to Craftsy.
3. Include a photo. All patterns must have at least one photo to accompany them, but you can add up to five photos. Colorful, interesting photos tend to work the best for catching our members’ eyes!
4. Fill out the pattern description. We will ask you some basic questions about your pattern making it easier for Craftsy folk to find your pattern and know what your pattern is for. Make sure you have info about your pattern handy for this step.

For more information on how to sell a pattern through Craftsy, or just to get started, visit Craftsy today!

Shop Indie Patterns

1. Sara April 25, 2014 at 21:45 - Reply

I’m curious how Pinterest helps boost your traffic …

• Mamma Nene April 25, 2014 at 21:59 - Reply

Thanks for your visit, Sara!
      Simply pinning and being repinned, and repinned and repinned… there’s nothing like a pin gone viral 😉
      Actually, Pinterest is my second source of traffic, after google.com

• Sara April 25, 2014 at 22:22 - Reply

Pinterest is also my second or third highest source of traffic, but not many of my things get repinned. I don’t think I have been on long enough to gain many followers, maybe?

• Mamma Nene April 25, 2014 at 22:38 - Reply

Are you in any Group Board? I can add you to my sewing ones, if you like!

2. Sara April 25, 2014 at 22:53 - Reply

No, but thank you! I would love that!

3. Beatriz Azuara April 26, 2014 at 01:54 - Reply

I ‘ve explained a great time and that they enjoy doing puzzles with your daughter that there are moments that pass , I’d rather post something less or more spacing and dedicate a day to it now, the biggest because I do not need but just small Bea still needs daily pampering and at least a little bit of play or make cupcakes or cookies together and as the warm weather begins a couple of hours or 3 in the park no one I remove them and then I’m stuck everywhere on questions sewing , now they have named me moderated a forum tailoring which is taught to make patterns from the basics of hands of a teacher in dressmaking and is free , and passes me like you love the world blogger , but I have not publishing time and so often , maybe 2 or 3 times a month. Good and pinterest is so broad and learned so much , I often go alone time looking things pinteres . I wish you good luck with the next project you ‘re about to uncover.

Kisses/Bea

• Mamma Nene April 27, 2014 at 21:08 - Reply

Wow! Congrats on your moderator new rule, Bea!
      I’m trying to do some multitasking, at the moment… as only a mom can do LOL
      But we only have two hands, sadly 😉

• Beatriz Azuara April 27, 2014 at 22:39 - Reply

Thank you very much. How right you are and if we had 4 hands I am sure it also would care lol.

4. Elisabetta April 26, 2014 at 07:19 - Reply

I just read your post on SewMcCool and immediately pinned it, too helpful
    I guess this tutorial will be highly re-pinned 😉

• Mamma Nene April 27, 2014 at 21:09 - Reply

Thanks, Ely! I’ve created it with Pinterest in mind… and all those lazy ladies like me that don’t change threading and settings just because they don’t know where the manual is… no more excuses! Dust off your serger!

5. cucicucicoo April 26, 2014 at 09:50 - Reply

I did notice that you’d stopped publishing every day. I think it’s pretty amazing how much you DID do and that you’ve in no way failed. Blogging and challenges should be fun and life with your family should always be more important! I honestly prefer that you have special time with your daughter than posting every single day! 🙂 Lisa

• Mamma Nene April 27, 2014 at 21:11 - Reply

You’re true, Lisa! I’m so happy of what I’ve been able to do in this month… This should persuade me that I can write more, also when I think I have no time for it… But playing with my daughter should always come first! She’ll grow faster than I’d like and I must enjoy her every second I can…