Basic Leggings for girls 3 to 14+ years
This is a PDF Pattern with Instant Download for Basic Leggings (3 to 14 years) – NOT the finished product nor a paper pattern. You’ll need to download it and print it at home!
We (me & my fashionable little daughter) love leggings: they are always perfect!
Layer them under skirts or dresses in winter, for added warmth, use them as pants in spring and summer; sew Basic Leggings as they are or change them with colorblocking (link to my tute inside the pattern).
Learn how to sew one (or many) pair(s) of Basic Leggings (or tights, or even Long Johns or pajama for boys), tested from 15 seamstresses from all around the world.
Main features of my Basic Leggings are:
– extra length (tired of handmade leggings becoming too short in no time? Me too! A lot of room for growth, for leggings that cover ankles for more time!)
– extra high back rise: can’t look at those naked backs on kids… no more skin flashing out!
– With your purchase you’ll have 29 instructions pages, with a step by step photo tutorial full of big pics, for easiest readability.
– Plenty of links to online tutorials and deeper insights.
– Measurements are given in both metric and imperial; choose your size basing on hip measurements, then customize length and/or waistline.
– Refashion suggestions.
– 16 sheets pattern pieces are completely computer-drafted, color coded (and dotted lines too, for a black and white frugal print)with seam allowances included
– Bonus instructions for adding “Back” tags
– No need to hem Basic Leggings, I’m teaching you a “cheat” alternative! (+ links to traditional ways to hem and additional link to resources for sewing with knits)
– Elastic waistband technique: faster (+ links to other way to create elastic waistbands!)
Print only pattern pages you need for your size (see page 5) to save ink, money and some tree too You can print it at home, all the times you want/need (fit on A4 and US Letter sizes printers!).
Support guaranteed lifetime!
If you’re in trouble, please ask me for help! You can find me through my blog SergerPepper.com or sending me a personal email at email@example.com
Sizes = Hips
3 yo = 56 cm 22
4 yo = 59 cm 23 1/4
5 yo = 62 cm 32 3/8
6 yo = 65 cm 25 5/8
7 yo = 68 cm 26 3/4
8 yo = 71 cm 28
9 yo = 74 cm 52 3/4
10 yo = 77 cm 30 1/4
11 yo = 80 cm 31 1/2
12 yo = 83 cm 32 5/8
13 yo = 86 cm 33 7/8
14 yo = 89 cm 35
You can find loads of inspiring versions on Serger Pepper’s Shared Flickr Board; I’ll be delighted to see there Your Version too (http://www.flickr.com/groups/sergerpepper/)
You’re allowed to sell Basic Leggings sewn using this pattern in Local Fairs or your Etsy shop – please give me credit as the designer, linking to this selling page or to SergerPepper.com – you’re not allowed to mass produce Basic Leggings with this pattern.
Re-sale and/or distribution of pattern pieces and instructions is expressly prohibited – please do not forward it to friends, send them here to buy it!
Enjoy it and… Happy Sewing 🙂
SIZING / FINISHED MEASUREMENTS:
Sizes = Hips: from 3 yo=56 cm (22″) to 14 yo=89 cm (35″)
knit, better with spandex; length = your model’s legs length
1″ flat elastic; length = your model’s waist
rib knit or contrasting knit scraps (OPTIONAL)
YOU WILL ALSO NEED:
thread, scissors, pins, ballpoint needles… nothing fancy, your usual sewing stuff 🙂