Full optional PDF pattern for the fanciest and full optional bags you’ve ever had.
It’s the perfect gift for a new mom, thanks to the cross-bag strap that leaves her hands free for carrying a baby or moving things around (think everyday’s tasks likegoing to the market or for errands without worrying about your handbag), with fashionable accents!
Let me guide you through this adventurous intermediate sewist project!
This pattern and instructions have been tested from 10 seamstresses of all levels from all around the world.
This bag is perfect for refashioning old garments, like denim, corduroy, upholstery fabric, slipcovers… due to its colorblocked nature it can be a great scrapbuster.
For the inside I’ve succesfully upcycled bed sheets and duvet covers, while some tester used curtains and old running t-shirts: your limit is the sky, feel free to experiment!
Main features of my Hands-Free Asymmetrical Bag are:
– pockets! many pockets everywhere: with zipper or elastic, or opened on top with detailed instructions for creating custom-sized patch pockets: your bag inside will be perfectly organized – no more keys wandering inside it!
– piping as an option (what about using trim, instead?)
– asymmetrical shape: a corner and a curve for a fashionable look.
With your purchase you’ll have a big instructions book, made of 58 pages, with a step by step photo tutorial full of big pics, for easiest readability.
– Plenty of links to online tutorials and deeper insights.
– Measurements are given in both metric and imperial.
– Refashion suggestions inside… you know I have a thing for refashion!
– 30 sheets pattern pieces, completely computer-drafted with seam allowances included!
Print only pattern pages (from 59 to 89) to save ink, money and some tree too <3 (save the PDF on your tablet, iPad, smartphone, notebook, netbook to keep instructions near you while sewing, and appreciate all the photos with perfect brightness!)
– You can print your pattern at home, all the times you want/need (fit on both A4 and US Letter sizes printers!).
Lifetime Support Guaranteed!
If you’re in trouble, please ask me for help! You can find me through my blog SergerPepper.com or sending me a personal email at info
You can find loads of inspiring versions on Serger Pepper’s Shared Flickr Board; I’ll be delighted to see there Your Version too 😀
You’re allowed to sell Hands-free Asymmetrical Bags sewn using this pattern in Local Fairs or your Etsy shop – please give me credit as the designer, linking to this Etsy selling page or to SergerPepper.com – you’re not allowed to mass produce Hands-free Asymmetrical Bags with this pattern.
Re-sale and/or distribution of pattern pieces and instructions is expressly prohibited – please do not forward it to friends, send them here to buy it (it’s not that costly and I’ve spent a lot of time and effort creating it)!
Check my Shop for more sewing patterns (I share a lot of free ones here on my blog)