If you are on Facebook, you already know: we’ve been asked to do a sew-along for the Everyday Tank: Top & Dresses pattern!
Thanks to the Bethany’s huge help, I’m absolutely happy toannounce you that on Monday we’re starting our very first sew-along!
– to participate you (obviously) need to have the “Everyday Tank: Top & Dresses” pattern.
If you still don’t have it, I postponed the coupon code expiring date to Sunday, 14th.
– you need to be part of Serger Pepper Patterns Group on Facebook. If you don’t know how to do, just let me know, I’ll help you with pleasure!
I’ve set privacy to “closed” so your feed (and your friends’) won’t be flooded with photos! Anyone can still join, they can even click over and look through, but everyone will not be able to see it unless they want to! (thanks again to Bethany for the great suggestion: as I said, it’s my first time… and I’m pretty excited!)
– You can start posting pics of fabrics on moday, so we can help you choosing, if you want/like to. You’ll have all the week to find some good fabric to use or even some old T-shirts to be refashioned… Bethany will guide you in cutting during the next weekend (September, 13-14th).
– Week 15-19th: We’ll put together your Everyday Tank (Bethany will post some pics of the midi dress she’ll be sewing along with you and I’ll be always there to help you, if you need to, or to look at your fabulous creations while they grow <3)
– Weekend 20-21st: Let’s share some modeled (or hanger-ed) beautiful shoots of your Everyday Tank….
– I’ll be showcasing all your fabulous projects here on Serger Pepper and on the social media… can’t wait to see them!
Are you joining us? I hope so!
If you won’t be able to join us during these two weeks, you can always join us later, all the steps will be available on the FB group… forever! Just be sure to buy your pattern now that is in sale 😉
And now: let me show you some great Everyday Tank examples!
Alyssa (Keep Calm and Carrion) made the Top with side panel in a Ooga-Booga fabric that’s really fun, then she moved into a bright yellow/turquoise midi dress with contrasting pockets.
As you can read on her post she was delighted from measurements that perfectly fit her awesome little girl… I have to admit that I love top with extra length to cover those little backs 😉
Above you can see (left to right):
Carmen flower-y dress (she made it using tee same fabric for main and side panels… really classy!).
Diane’s creation, matching with knit shorts, for a summer adorable nightwear (and she made a second one for herself, I hope I’ll be able to show it to you soon!).
Last one is Elizabeth creation: stripes and flowers, you can’t go wrong!
Look at that girl! Isn’t she lovely?
She’s wearing a Top version in daisy/fuchsia, made by Jennifer, who says: “My daughter absolutely loves this shirt. It is tricky to find her soft, comfortable clothes that she will wear, and this one is perfect! It was quick and easy to sew, definitely one of the fastest garments I have ever made!”
A couple of sisters, Sarah’s daughters, are showing us how gorgeous they are!
Sarah said: “This pattern is a quick easy sew that creates a classy look with lots of possibility. My daughters loved their tank/dress and I plan to make more of these in the future. If you are looking for an everyday staple that is comfy and easy to wear this is a great pattern for you! ”
As you can see in Alicia’s creation, this tank top/dress features a great coverage for modesty! Here’s what she says: “Kazziah has worn her dress since we did test pictures YESTERDAY! She wore it to bed last night and still has it on…lol. She LOVES it!”
That’s it for today!
I hope you’re going to join us for the Sew-Along!!
See you on Serger Pepper Patterns FB Group 😉