Button Up Shirt Refashion: A RoundUp!

Pin Now, Read Later!!!♥

Roundup time!!! As I announced in our “A Refashion Obsession” Community on G+ (please ask me to add you, if you’d like to post there) and in SergerPepper’s newsletter, this week I’d like to collect some of the most impressive refashions of a button up shirt (or dad’s shirt, or boyfriend shirt, call it how you like!) I’ve seen on G+ and Pinterest Group Board too (I’ll add you as a contributor, if you want: you only have to ask for it, adding your Pinterest URL, by leaving me a comment to this post, or with an email, if you prefer!). I’m planning to do more refashion roundup with a theme, like this one (denim, t-shirts, sweater), so please go on pinning… maybe you can be the next to be featured here on SergerPepper! In my Huge Stash of Old Clothes, I have some Button Up waiting and some already Refashioned (remember my tutorial “Ruffles and Plaid Dress“?); the best part of this type of cloth is that often has so many details you can keep (check Diane’s post about refashion tricks) Now, the Roundup! It’s been really hard to pick up only 15… but I had to set a limit! For some of them, clicking on the photos will take you to a tutorial, some are “inspiration only” labelled. I hope they’ll inspire you to create something original from a pre-loved

Button Up Shirt

In no particular order, here are the 15 dad’s shirt I’m really liking these days:

Serger Pepper Refashion a Button Up RoundUp Top

Emerald Top – Magda @ House of Estrela

Serger Pepper Refashion a Button Up RoundUp Skirt

The Skirt that was a Shirt – Birdie

Serger Pepper Refashion a Button Up RoundUp Neckline

Plaid – Carissa Knits

Serger Pepper Refashion a Button Up RoundUp 3 shirts

3 Shirt Surgery Fashion Maths – Charity Shop Chic

Serger Pepper Refashion a Dad Shirt RoundUp LBD

Men’s Shirt to Little Black Dress – Probably Rachel

Serger Pepper Refashion a Button Up RoundUp workwear dress

reWorking the Workwear – Nay @ The WardrobeSurgeon

asymmetrical tucks top with shirred back – sewing princess

Serger Pepper Refashion a Button Up RoundUp chemise

inspiration only – inphographic

Serger Pepper Refashion a Button Up RoundUp jumper

Men’s shirt to Jumper – See Kate Sew

Serger Pepper Refashion a Button Up RoundUp underbust

Yucky flannel – NinjaToshiba

1. Magda E. November 22, 2013 at 11:31 - Reply

great round up.. and Thanks for featuring me too. =D What an honour!

2. Ally and Woozle November 22, 2013 at 11:49 - Reply

I have some shirts I could alter… I need some motivation lol
    Sweet week end 😉
    Ally

• Mamma Nene November 22, 2013 at 12:25 - Reply

Now you only have to choose a way to refashion them LOL
      Sweet week-end to you too, Ally!

3. cucicucicoo November 22, 2013 at 15:00 - Reply

Great projects! I’ve been meaning to do one like the T-shirt one featured here, but just haven’t gotten around to it. I have a bunch of button ups to do something with… yah! 🙂 Lisa

• Mamma Nene November 22, 2013 at 22:02 - Reply

thanks Lisa! I felt like I had to collect all those ideas to speed up the inspiration project… and destash some of my “to-be-refashioned” clothes… or they won’t never fit on my new shelves LOL

4. Susan Luke November 22, 2013 at 18:07 - Reply

What a nice surprise to be featured on your roundup with so many wonderful ideas! Thanks!!

• Mamma Nene November 22, 2013 at 22:06 - Reply

Why surprise? You did a great job, I truly like it!

5. Kimberlee November 22, 2013 at 20:54 - Reply

Really cute and creative ideas here. Thanks for sharing.

• Mamma Nene November 23, 2013 at 11:04 - Reply

Hi Kimberly, thanks for your sweet comment… always happy to share inspiration 😉

6. susana November 25, 2013 at 03:54 - Reply

Grandes ideas.Ya estoy mirando que puedo cortar.
    Mas que inspiración es una conspiración suya para sentarme a coser.

• Mamma Nene November 25, 2013 at 09:59 - Reply

Me alegro de que te gusten las ideas que he recogido, Susana … definitivamente mejor que la traducción de Google Translate LOL

7. Agatha Lee (Aka Agy) November 27, 2013 at 08:13 - Reply

I love the emerald top. It reminds me of the Chinese traditional costume, qipao.

• Mamma Nene November 27, 2013 at 10:27 - Reply

I love it me too!
      I must confess I’ve googled “quipao” and now I have something new to add to my to-sew list!
      Thanks Agy!!!

8. […] I took a button up shirt (boy style) from my closet and create a ruffly and twirly dress… with a […]

9. Julie October 22, 2014 at 13:50 - Reply

Love this article! I’m now following you on Pintetest. I’ve just starting sewing for myself (instead of just for my kiddos) and these are great ideas! Thanks for inspiring me…

• Mamma Nene October 22, 2014 at 13:59 - Reply

Thanks Julie for liking my round-up!
      I’m always in search of good inspiration… and sewing for yourself… well: you deserve it!
      I’m just back from Pinterest and I can’t find you between my recent followers, for following following you back… could you give me a hint about your nickname? 😉

10. Julie October 22, 2014 at 17:01 - Reply

I’m under Julie Whitley. I just went and clicked follow again. My Pinterest app does that sometimes. I’m glad you responded because I would have been disappointed to miss our on your pins!

• Mamma Nene October 22, 2014 at 19:45 - Reply

Found you (and following you back!)

11. Jodib83 November 30, 2014 at 08:47 - Reply

I’m New to the sewing scene, do you have instructions for the vest project? I have men’s shirts 🙂

• Mamma Nene November 30, 2014 at 11:23 - Reply

Hi Jodi, and welcome!
      Since it’s a round-up, I’ve collected some good ideas from around the web! They aren’t my patterns or tutorials… the only thing I can suggest you is to try cutting one of your men’s shirts, following pictures… and let me know how it goes 😀

12. […] been a long from the last time I’ve sewn a button-up shirt (it was for me) and when I’ve seen The Archie Shirt, the pattern Jen @ Ainslee Fox […]

13. […] To see photos of how to turn your button up shirt into a vest, click here. […]

14. […] To see photos of how to turn your button up shirt into a vest, click here. […]